CRT Cycling Course: 6 Week Introductory Course For Beginners
Ability Level – Beginner.
Any type of bicycle, cycling shoes are NOT compulsory (eg runners are ok as footwear).
2018 CRT Introductory Beginners Cycling Course Dates – Kings Park
- Sunday, 4th February - Sun, 11th March - 7.30am to 9.00am
- Sunday, 18th March – Sun, 22 April - 7.30am to 9.00am
- Sunday, 19th August - Sun, 23rd September - 7.30am to 9.00am
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those people who perhaps have not cycled for sometime and want to get back into riding or maybe a novice cyclist who wants to improve their riding skills, fitness and confidence on the bike.
The course is conducted by qualified coaches one day a week over a six week period. Some of the areas covered during the program are:
- Bike set-up.
- Basic bike maintenance.
- Braking and cornering.
- Using gears effectively (getting up those hills).
- Pedalling technique.
- Riding safely in a group.
What you will need:
- A road worthy bike (road bike, flat bar, hybrid or mountain bikes are all OK).
- A bicycle helmet that meets the Australian Standard.
- A water bottle and a bottle carrier on your bike.
- Bring some money for a coffee at the end of the session!
Where: We meet in the car park behind Frasers Restaurant in Kings Park. Most sessions will be conducted within Kings Park.
When: The course commences @ 7.30am and concludes at 9.00am for a period of 6 weeks.
Cost: $250.00 per person Payable by Direct Debit or Credit Card.
Maximum numbers: 10/12 per class.