CRT Cycling Course: 6 Week Introductory Course For Beginners
Ability Level – Beginner.
Any type of bicycle, cycling shoes are NOT compulsory (eg runners are ok as footwear).
2017 CRT Course Dates
- Sunday, 5th February - Sun, 12th March 7.30am to 9.00am – Kings Park location
- **Sunday, 19th March - Sun, 14th May ("She Rides Confidence" - Ladies ONLY 8 week course) (allowing for the Easter Holidays - 7.00am to 9.00am Kings Park location. NB: Separate Registration required.
- Sunday, 21st May – Sun, 25 Jun— 7.30am to 9.00am – Kings Park location
- Sunday, 9th Jul - Sun, 13th Aug 7.30am to 9.00am – Kings Park location
- Sunday, 24th Sep – Sun, 29th Oct—7.30am to 9.00am – Kings Park location
- Sunday, 12th Nov to Sun, 17 Dec—7.30am to 9.00am—Kings Park Location
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those people who perhaps have not cycled for sometime and want to get back into riding or maybe a novice cyclist who wants to improve their riding skills, fitness and confidence on the bike.
The course is conducted by qualified coaches one day a week over a six week period. Some of the areas covered during the program are:
- Bike set-up.
- Basic bike maintenance.
- Braking and cornering.
- Using gears effectively (getting up those hills).
- Pedalling technique.
- Riding safely in a group.
What you will need:
- A road worthy bike (road bike, flat bar, hybrid or mountain bikes are all OK).
- A bicycle helmet that meets the Australian Standard.
- A water bottle and a bottle carrier on your bike.
- Bring some money for a coffee at the end of the session!
Where: We meet in the car park behind Frasers Restaurant in Kings Park. Most sessions will be conducted within Kings Park.
When: The course commences @ 7.30am and concludes at 9.00am for a period of 6 weeks.
Cost: $250.00 per person Payable by Direct Debit or Credit Card.
Maximum numbers: 10/12 per class.