CRT Cycling Training: Interval Training
Ability Level – Intermediate.
Every Wednesday morning @ 6.00am (all year round)
- Road Racing Bike – no MTB’s, no hybrids, no flat bar road bikes. Proper road shoes and pedals.
- Current Australian Standard Helmet – preferably no more than 4 years old.
- Carry spare tubes, pump, tyre levers.
- Lights (front and rear) - Winter time compulsory.
- Money for coffee afterwards if you have time to stop
An integral part of your training week and DOES improve your cycling.
At some point, probably between 240 and 320klms per week, just riding more isn’t enough! You have to add substantial doses of intensity, too.
Once you reach 8-10 hours of cycling per week, improvement slows dramatically or even reverses unless intervals, fast climbs or other hard efforts are included in the mix.
CRT Interval Training - covers speed work, cadence, power & strength output, S&E sessions.
Swap a leisurely midweek cruise for a short session of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). A few brief, gut-busting sessions can improve your endurance as well as much longer rides do. Going hard can prep your muscles to go long.
Cost: CRT Loyalty Card*
12 sessions = $100.00
Individual sessions = $10.00
*Card is valid for 6 months from date of purchase