CRT Cycling Course: 6 Week Development Course for Road Cyclists
Ability Level – Intermediate. Road racing bike, proper road cycling shoes & pedals are compulsory!
2018 CRT Road Cycling Development Course Dates – Kings Park
- Sat 3rd February to Sat 10th March – 9.00am to 10.30am
- Sat 12th May to Sat 16th June – 9.00am to 10.30am
- Sat 7th July to Sat 11th August – 9.00am to 10.30am
- Sat 18th August to Sat 22nd September – 9.00am to 10.30am
- Sat 13th October to Sat 17th November – 9.00am to 10.30am
If you want to improve your road cycling skills, technique & fitness then join CRT’s next course.
You will learn the following:
- Riding Skills. Road cycling is a complex sport. Learning the skills of bike-handling, navigating the rules of pace lines, dealing with road hazards and difficult conditions, knowing when and how to use various riding techniques – all of these and more form the foundation on which roadies rely on every ride. And there’s always more to learn.
- Learn about improving your fitness with some Interval Training Tips.
- Group/partner riding skills and etiquette.
- Cornering at speed.
- Strength & power outage, standing & seated hill climbing.
- Aero descending.
- Learn more about Cadence (RPM) and its benefits.
- Build confidence with better cycling techniques.
- Know your gearing and equipment.
- Basic bike maintenance overview & helmet safety tips.
- Specific skills for - emergency braking, jumping your bike, looking back and retrieving your bidon etc.
- Road/racing bike essential (Strictly NO hybrids, MTBs, flat bar road bikes or time trial bikes)
- Up to date current Australian standard helmet (not older than 5yrs)
- Proper Road Cycling shoes & pedals are compulsory.
- Proper water bottle/bidon and holder.
- Pump, spare tube, tyre levers.
- Cash for coffee afterwards!
Cost: $250.00 per person Payable via Direct Debit or Credit Card
To Register: Email Lindsay Davies-Moore - firstname.lastname@example.org and registration forms will be sent to you. Forms to be filled in and faxed to 9383 7609 or scanned to email@example.com
Time: 9.00am to 10.45am
Training venues: Kings Park